quality maths curriculum that is both challenging and enjoyable. We provide our children with
a variety of mathematical opportunities, which will enable them to make the connections
needed to enjoy learning. We want to make sure children are confident mathematicians who
are not afraid to take risks and fully developed independent learners with inquisitive minds
who have secure mathematical foundations and an interest in self-improvement. We believe
mathematics is an important part of children’s development throughout school, right from an
We want the children to become confident and critical mathematicians who are able to solve
problems efficiently, applying them in real life contexts. We provide our children with
- Develop good mental strategies, building fluency with number and committing what has been learnt to memory.
- Develop efficient methods of recording working
- Show what has been learnt through teaching their partner, before working independently
- Develop the ability to work independently, selecting their own methods and resources needed to support learning.
- Develop a love of maths through learning in a range of different ways.
- Access a range of resources to support their learning. Learn through real life scenarios, experiencing practical applications of maths.
- Develop an accurate mathematical vocabulary to be able to share their thinking, describe strategies and learn from each other’s responses.
opportunities to apply their mathematical knowledge. We believe that central to an ability to
select and apply skills effectively is the need for a clear understanding of core mathematical